15 Important Tools Every Homeowner Needs
Did you know that all homeowners need to keep the basic tools handy on a daily basis? We never know what will happen from day to day. Here is a list and an explanation of why we need these 15 important tools.
- Caulking Gun. Most of you should know that caulking is what goes around pipes and fills gaps that find their way in your homes structure. Keeping a caulking gun in hand will come in handy if you have a pipe burst this winter.
- Combination Wrench Set. This is needed because all nuts and screws are manufactured in standard metric sizes. A combination wrench set has one end opened and the other end is a closed loop.
- Duct Tape. Not only is duct tape extremely sticky, it is water resistant. This allows duct tape to be used for a quick emergency fix until you can get the proper fix.
- Wire Cutters. They are great for cutting wire as well as nails.
- Safety Mask. These can be used for painting, using harsh cleaning chemicals, mowing the grass, or doing carpentry.
- Safety Glasses. These are used when using any power tool or when mixing chemicals.
- Torpedo Level. This little level will help you when hanging picture frames, leveling appliances, or even when painting straight lines.
- Plunger. Especially having kids running around the house will result with a clogged toilet or drain. It’s best to be prepared and keep a few plungers throughout your home.
- Slip-Joint Pliers. Use these pliers to help hold a nail, nut, or bolt. The jaws are great to get a good grip allowing you to get the proper hold.
- Flashlight. This one should be a no brainer. Flashlights are great for when the power goes out, when looking for something in a dark area of the garage, or when outside at night.
- Hacksaw. A hacksaw will come in handy when having to deal with any plumbing or piping issues. They may look cheap and flimsy, but they will cut through even the hardest of metals. Don’t worry if your blade breaks, they are replaceable.
- Claw Hammer. Finding a good solid hammer is key when working with nails. Hammers come in handy when you need to hang a picture, build products made from wood, or remove existing nails.
- Screwdriver Set. It is best to have a screwdriver set that comes with multiple sizes and types of screwdrivers. You never know what kind of screw you are going to come across and it is best to be prepared.
- Tape Measure. When preparing for a home project you don’t want to use a ruler. This is where having a few different sizes of tape measures come into play.
- Adjustable Wrench. Adjustable wrenches are used in situations where you would need two wrenches of the same size. Don’t forget to screw the jaws all the way closed to avoid damaging the bolt or nut.
Is your home equipped with the necessary daily tools? Contact us today for all of your building, repair, and restoration needs.